Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

10 August 2007

spare me the suspense

So the Discovery bicycling team is disbanding. Seems Discovery doesn't want to be associated with a sport whose image just gets tarnished more and more. I just don't understand the whole thing, and I gots questions:

How does it get this far? A few years ago, steroids in bicycling was a big, widely-publicized deal. The next year it was bigger, and bigger again the year after that. Until finally this year yellow jerseys were being yanked right and left. I mean, what? If people seem to care that much, and if testing is so rigorous and allegations so easily brought, why don't these guys stay sparkly-clean and make it a priority to come across that way?

Will the disbanding of Discovery's team be the straw that breaks the camel's back and finally gets things cleaned up? Or are some guys always going to try to cheat?

If public outrage and loss of interest in the sport finally reach high enough levels that house-cleaning actually happens, will there be lessons learned and echoes heard in other sports as well? Will Bud Selig go to the utility closet and get a flashlight and a broom?

If I started 'roiding up, would I be able to get to work on my bicycle that much faster? Or would dumb-slow Asheville traffic just get in my way even more?

1 Comments:

Blogger Fosterchild said...

Yeah, the whole bike-riding thing is dragging our culture into the muck. I think we should set-up an elaborate monkey-bar system over the city and swing our way to work in the mornings. Like, way retro.

16 August 2007 at 12:51:00 GMT-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home