Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

16 July 2007

we rejoice because the hurting is so painless from the distance of passing cars

Just a few quick things:

- If you ask Google Maps for directions but don't care for the route they suggest, you can now click and drag the blue line to match the way you want to go. I've been wanting someone to do that for a long time, and now Google has gone and done it. It's especially useful if you want to see how far you've been on your bike. Now if only they could add topographical information and I could see what kind of elevation changes I've pedaled through.

- I'm posting on a new music blog, a collaboration between me and Thomas and I know not who else. Point your readers to everyday.wordpress.com.

- Update: still can't get enough of Challengers, although Our Love To Admire is turning out to be a potent distraction.

2 Comments:

Blogger doug said...

Yeah, I haven't had a chance to play with that yet - looks cool! I did see some google maps thing awhile back where you could get elevation change and a nifty profile for bike routes - I'll try to dig it up. It's just a matter of the data being there (so in some places you couldn't get a topo profile).

16 July 2007 at 18:29:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger doug said...

ah, yeah, try this google mashup site:

http://www.routeslip.com

you can create, save, and see other routes in your area - with elevation change - really nice for cycling.

17 July 2007 at 09:47:00 GMT-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home