Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

18 April 2007

in europe and america there's a growing feeling of hysteria

The Russians want to build a tunnel from Siberia to Alaska. 64 miles long. With a highway in it. There might be people who say you can't do that because it's too fucking far, but I'm all for it. Google Maps' swimming directions notwithstanding, my only hope is that when I'm 55 years old and the thing is complete, I'm still up for a (hydrogen-powered) roadtrip from New York to London. Wait a minute, screw that. I'm driving from Buenos Aires to Mumbai! And I'll blog about it along the way, so it'll be just like you're right there with me. Wait a minute, screw that. Who's with me?!

3 Comments:

Blogger doug said...

That really is too fucking far, but you know I'm for it! Hell, I've been to Lake Itasca - this should be nothing! The only thing is that you'll have to put up with my many "gotta get my 'Bering's Strait'" jokes and snoring. I also hear they're (the tunnel-building coalition or something) gonna build a tunnel from Gibralter to Morocco - so, we can avoid all that middle east traffic...and bombs.

19 April 2007 at 07:03:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Reid said...

I don't know if the bridge is too fucking far, but the drive is too fucking far. From what I hear, even driving the Alaska-Canada highway will just about drive you crazy.

19 April 2007 at 07:39:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Hans said...

Doug: I forgot about that Europe-Africa tunnel! I was thinking a roadtrip from Buenos Aires to Cape Town would be fun, but I didn't think the Middle East would be a good place for an American to drive through in 20 years. I have more hope of being able to drive across the African continent by then.

Reid: You've got to come up with a much better excuse than that if you want to weazle out of this. You're going.

19 April 2007 at 20:51:00 GMT-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home