Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

12 April 2007

squeaky swings and tall grass

Well I officially started my own personal summer today, ordering Gameday Audio from mlb.com. I heard the last two innings of the Braves/Nationals game, in which Smoltz's strong showing was lost. The Braves had a great chance to pull out a nice win right at the end, but came up short. I won't say I couldn't have been happier, because obviously I could have, but damn it felt great to listen to Baseball On The Radio (which is largely dissimilar to TV On The Radio) once again.

Now, I'm not one to complain about the weather - I'm not one to even talk about it most of the time - and I've really enjoyed this cold snap we've just had (and it looks like there's another one coming, great bicycling weather for someone strange like me), but hearing Pete Van Wieren and friends announcing the game got me really excited for a nice, hot summer (though I perhaps don't look forward to the uptick in hippie activity in this town).

That's all. Was that last paragraph really all one sentence?

That's not all: in anticipation of great weather, both hot and cold, here's a song:

Mark Eitzel - Proclaim Your Joy

3 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

Come on up to DC when the Braves are in town. I need to go to a lot of games this season before the new stadium opens and tickets are nearly impossible to get...

13 April 2007 at 12:32:00 GMT-4

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear they serve this drink called "beer" at the baseball park. We should go try it out!

13 April 2007 at 13:16:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger doug said...

Woo hoo! Beer and baseball!

I don't *mind* cold weather so much, but to have it come on so harshly after the month of really warm weather we had (which brought out the trees and blooms too early) was not so good - it turned all the trees brown, and I'm worried that some of my plants and smaller trees took an unrecoverable hit. arrgh.

But hey, beer and baseball woooo!

15 April 2007 at 08:54:00 GMT-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home