Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

28 March 2007

i can't get enough

As long as we're on the subject of trying to imagine a rock band playing dance music or vice versa (or as long as we're a couple of days late in adding to the thread), here are some tracks for further discussion.

The Infadels debut album, We Are Not the Infadels has a sort of early-INXS sensibility to it, if early INXS was British and making records in 2006. There's definitely something in common with LCDSS here as well. In a good way.

The Infadels - Love Like Semtex

The Infadels - Can't Get Enough

Apparently Radio 4 made an album or two before Enemies Like This, but this album has been satisfying enough that I haven't sought them out. That may sound like a backhanded compliment, but I mean it, again, in a good way. There's some kind of Clash/Specials-type thing going on here that I like a lot.

Radio 4 - Packing Things Up on the Scene

Radio 4 - Too Much to Ask For

Disclaimer: I will have nothing to do with your windows as you listen to these songs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

Oooh! Hey! I like that Infadels stuff! I really do!

Hans, you wanna form a dance-rock band with me? Who else is in?

28 March 2007 at 14:37:00 GMT-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home