Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

26 January 2007

remember new york staring outside

On the subject of winter songs, here's one near and dear to my heart. Certainly it helps that it mentions Staten Island, which is rare, and I first heard it when I lived on Staten Island during my first New York winter. But it also helps that it's a gorgeous, sweet-hearted song, warm and cozy like hot apple cider by a crackling fire.

Fountains of Wayne - Valley Winter Song

2 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

It's convenient that it's tagged as a winter song, too.

On a slightly related note, I got excited when recently watching an episode of the Sopranos that they showed the actual Fountains of Wayne.

26 January 2007 at 15:28:00 GMT-5

 
Blogger Jack said...

Hmmmm, those were the days. Whenever you want to be poor again, give me a call, we can rent that place out...

1 February 2007 at 09:54:00 GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home