Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

24 February 2008

who imposes the terms of the battle will impose the terms of the peace

Redbelt, new film from David Mamet. The trailer is here. With Joe Mantegna, Rebecca Pidgeon (mmmm, Rebecca pidgeon), Chiwetel Ejiofor, and... Tim Allen?!!

That's right, boys and girls, Tim Allen in a real film with a real director, almost as if he was a real actor. I'm shocked, shocked I say, but I'll withhold judgment until I've seen the whole performance. Deep down, though, I'm hoping Mamet put him in the picture just to humiliate him. We shall see...



Songs for today:
Goldfrapp - Road to Somewhere
Goldfrapp - Caravan Girl
Xtian told me to look out for this record. It's not bad, but it doesn't really alter the meh of 2008 just yet. It sounds like they've been listening to a lot of Saint Etienne, which can't hurt. Also, I hope the Beach Boys steal is intentional. It has to be, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger kalina said...

Unrelated to your post- I am wandering away from LJ (kinda) to blogspot....

24 February 2008 at 02:29:00 GMT-5

 
Blogger Reid said...

I was just listening to this album the other day. It's pretty good, but I've sort of felt that all of Goldfrapp's records are good, but never as great as they want to be.

24 February 2008 at 10:04:00 GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home