Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

11 April 2008

you obviously you didn't want to stick around

Note to IAH:
Well, the Pappadeaux seafood lunch buffet jumped up a couple dollars in price, didn't it? No matter, it's still well worth it, and I hope I can always be seated right there at the railing, looking out over some gates - where are all those people going? - and the big windows to the runway.

I've said it before, IAH is not a bad place to spend the better part of a day, at least as far as airports go. But your B-terminal is a throwback in more ways than one, and I suspect the carpets haven't been cleaned since the days when lit cigarettes with growing ashes being neglected by distracted smokers stayed burning from the gate area down the jetway and into the smoking sections of old DC-9's, yeah, separate sections, as if the smoke could be sectioned off in a little metal tube with recirculating air.

And then comes this welcome news, and I say to you: best wishes. A 7 to 10 year project? I hope I'll be able to check in on your progress at least a few times along the way.

Songs for today:
Kate Nash - Foundations
Kate Nash - Merry Happy
I really enjoy this record, but I have no idea what sort of company that puts me in. I'm going to see her perform on Wednesday; will I be the only bona fide adult in attendance? (You can take 'bona fide adult' to mean anything you want.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home