Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

09 November 2006

but we all come around

Okay kids, not convinced? Here's more creamy synthpop from those Dallas, TX cats trying to sound like they're from West London.

Black Tie Dynasty - I Like U. Once you get past the silly Prince/IM spelling in the title (why didn't they go all the way and add an emoticon?), this is the standout from the album Movements. The opening 20 seconds alone are worth the price of admission, and then they have to throw in a deliciously melodramatic line like "But when the facts are in, the game just isn't kind, alright." I mean, come on. A song full of yearning, regret, purpose.

Black Tie Dynasty - Debt. "When you wake up, you will know what you have done." 'Nuff said.

Black Tie Dynasty - Devotion. To whom it may concern: Can the last two minutes of this song please be the soundtrack to my walk down the dark tunnel towards the light or whatever happens just after I've shuffled off this mortal coil? Thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

I hate music that has purpose. I prefer my tunes to be aimless and accidental.

9 November 2006 at 22:36:00 GMT-5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home