Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

12 October 2006

from here i can touch the sun

The Long Winters - The Commander Thinks Aloud

I suggest the following experience:

Listen to the song a few times, enjoying as pure ear candy, the gritty-but-grand production, the singer's exuberance.

Then start to listen to the lyrics. You'll start, of course, with the final repeated refrain and work your way backwards. Look the lyrics up on the Internet if you need to; there's no shame in doing so.

Once you've got it, I dare you to try not to let it break your heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

Your #1 band of the week is Frankie Goes To Hollywood. And you consider yourself a reliable witness?

12 October 2006 at 17:13:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Hans said...

I consider that very ranking proof that I'm a reliable witness.

But if that's not good enough for you, this song will vindicate me.

12 October 2006 at 17:22:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Reid said...

You're vindicated. I'm filling out the vindication form right now, but it may take a couple of weeks to process.

12 October 2006 at 19:25:00 GMT-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home