Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

25 July 2006

I always thought that I knew I'd always have the right to be living in the kingdom of the good and true

A few handy things to know about EWR Terminal C:

1. The security checkpoint all the way to the right after you walk in is always by far the least crowded. Even when there's mayhem at the airport because a tropical storm is visiting, getting through that checkpoint takes no time at all. Of course when your flight gets cancelled because lightning is dancing on the tarmac, it won't matter if you get stuck in long security lines or not.

B. There's an A&W all the way to the left after you pass through security, down by gate 130 or so. The root beer they'll give you isn't like regular A&W root beer from a can. This stuff tastes like the real thing, like it was brewed with molasses.

III. Speaking of molasses, if you go to the A&W in C-Terminal at EWR, allow three times the reasonable amount of time to get through the line and get your food and root beer. You thought the cashiers at urban KMarts were slow, these ladies clearly get paid by the hour and clearly don't give a shit about you or your flight's final boarding call. Still, the draft root beer's worth the wait. Yum.

7 Comments:

Blogger doug said...

There's also a Dunkin' Donuts somewhere in EWR - I know this, because my wife made me take a picture of her in front of the sign with a big donut on it. We don't have such goodness here in the south.

25 July 2006 at 16:16:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Hans said...

Hold on, either you're making no sense, or you've just offended me. There is Dunkin' Donuts in the South, first of all. Second, nobody in their right mind would think that Dunkin' Donuts has anything on Krispy Kreme. Please to 'splain yourself.

25 July 2006 at 16:24:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger doug said...

Well, when I say "South" I mean, Nashville, TN or Lexington, KY. And, yeah, as a long-time Winston-Salem resident, I know it's blasphemy, but I can't stand krispy, nasty, cream - much prefer DD - but I really like their cakey donuts and good coffee, not those glazed, gooey gross things of KK. There, I said it.

25 July 2006 at 16:38:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Hans said...

That makes Baby Jesus cry.

25 July 2006 at 16:48:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Reid said...

You know, Doug, you don't HAVE to get the glazed KK doughnuts. They have other kinds. And they're much better than Dunkin's. Unless you prefer your doughnuts stale, in which case, DD's is perfect.

Who's this EWR guy?

25 July 2006 at 16:51:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger doug said...

I can't even stand the smell of the gooey kind though, so entering a KK store is bad enough. Anyway, the last time I had DD they were pretty good. It's been awhile though, and honestly, I'm overall not the hugest donut fan anyways.

25 July 2006 at 17:10:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Hans said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that donut experience you had when you were little. Did you know a film was made about that? Some dramatic license was taken, but the basic story is there:

www.muffinfilms.com/psst.html

25 July 2006 at 17:14:00 GMT-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home