Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about.

16 September 2010

Man, these folks really steam my tail.

Dear Governor Kaine,

No, you can't send me a sticker.












I mean, Are you serious? "Democrats: Change That Matters"?! Really? That's the best thing anyone could come up with? Is there anyone, anyone at democrats.org who really thinks that sticker will do anything at all to rally the footsoldiers and make the undecideds stop and consider their choices?

Perhaps if you had a sticker to send me with some substance, some fight, some life in it, I might be interested in displaying it. But this sticker you're proposing to send me is about the most boring, most say-nothing piece of marketing I've ever seen. It is emblematic of the deep embarrassment I feel over my party's dogged impotence, its persistent refusal to fight back in the face of dilutive "collaboration" with Republicans who won't support the bills being debated anyway, its jaw-dropping inability to get the word out about what little has been accomplished since we've been in power.

I am gravely concerned with the state of the country right now, especially in light of this week's primary wins in Delaware and New York. But I have to say that part of me actually hopes that these tea party dingbats actually win their general elections, if only because of the very slim chance that such an occasion might make Democrats realize that, oh, we actually have to actively do something about the right wing because somehow sitting around on our duffs just doesn't seem to cut it.

Don't worry, I'll still give the DNC a donation in this election cycle, and I'll do my duty and vote in the general election. But by no means will I let you waste precious resources sending me a worthless sticker. Instead please take that $.50 or whatever and put it towards, say, growing a spine and getting an actual message out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah, a post. You're on a once a year rhythm at the moment. And I though I was bad for going dark for six months every now and then.

At least it's a good one.

16 September 2010 at 21:00:00 GMT-4

 
Blogger Hans said...

It was too long to tweet.

16 September 2010 at 21:22:00 GMT-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home